About Nathan BellPoet, song writer, singer, musician, husband and father. He'll be covering all those topics and more.
Jim Tract is Gone
Songwriting is a wonderful thing.
Professional songwriting is a miserable thing.
The business of songwriting is a miserable business.
Jim Tract came to Nashville looking to change that
Jim didn’t just talk a good game.
Jim took a million dollars and started [...]
Craig Bickhardt knows this song.
It’s a pretty straightforward love song. It does have two different choruses, the second an extended chorus.
You can find a rough version with my band [...]
I’d prefer not to comment on my own writing. I believe that as soon as a writer leads in to one of his own pieces by calling attention to a specific section or topic he makes it much more difficult for the reader to have an honest experience.
I’m making an [...]
This Nashville maverick walked away from the music biz at a time when his style of twangy alt-country could have ruled the world. Nearly two decades later he’s back with a new album of devastating import.
Nathan Bell didn’t mean to secede. He just didn’t see the point of dancing for Granny down [...]
The late comedian George Carlin once pointed out that if you can convince somebody to believe in an all-powerful God, what he called the big head in the sky, that they can be convinced to believe almost anything.
96% of all Americans believe in a big head in the sky.
To be fair, [...]
- Up The Rebels
- “The More Things Change, The More Things Don’t Change” or “People vs Sheep…You Choose.”
- When did it stop being OK for women to ball who they wished?
- No more Women and Children, please!
- How to Look Good While Reading a Poem Out Loud
- Make this shutdown count
- The bellicose excuses never change
- Advice from Doctor NO!
- Let voices of dissent be heard.
- Blood Like A River
- Draft defend contradictory cons argument | A Little Tour in Yellow on A People’s History of Koch Industries: How Stalin Funded the Tea Party Movement
- It’s not how you read poetry, it’s how you look | Tribrach on How to Look Good While Reading a Poem Out Loud
- J. Danton Smith on No more Women and Children, please!
- J. Danton Smith on Gay marriage and bearing arms: the need to escape constitutional shackles?
- admin on Gay marriage and bearing arms: the need to escape constitutional shackles?
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010